Address:School of Space Science and Physics Shandong University,
Weihai, Shandong, China, 264209
University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), Ph.D., Space Physics, 2009.
Anhui Normal University in China, B.S., Physics, 2004.
2019.9 – Present Professor, Shandong University (Weihai)
2012.1 – 2019.8 Associate Professor, Shandong University (Weihai)
2009.9 – 2011.12 Lecturer, Shandong University (Weihai)
Interplanetary and Magnetopsheric Physics
Dynamics of Radiation Belts
2010.01 – Present Memberof American Geophysical Union (AGU)
2012.01 – Present Memberof European Geophysical Union (EGU)
||The physical association studies for the auroralactivity and plasma sheet changes during thesubstorms, the National Natural Science Foundation of China grant (No.41004075)
|| January,2010-December, 2013
||The physical association studies for theauroralactivity and plasma sheet changes during thesubstorms, the Shandong Province Natural Science Foundation of grants (No.ZR2010DQ014)
|| January, 2010-December, 2013
||The evolution of aurora during thesubstorms,the Open Research Fund for SOA Key Laboratory for Polar Science in China (NO. KP201105)
|| January, 2011-December, 2013
||The geomagnetic response duringsubstormstrigger based on Meridian Project,Project Supported by the Specialized Research Fund for State Key Laboratories in China
|| January, 2011-December, 2013
||Multi-point observation study of substorm electron injection, the Shandong Province Natural Science Foundation of grants (No. ZR2014DM003)
||December, 2014-December, 2017
||The seed populations in the Earth’s outer radiation belt: a joint observational study based on Meridian Project and VAP satellite, Project Supported by the Specialized Research Fund for State Key Laboratories in China
January, 2017-December, 2018
|The response of relativistic electrons in the Earth’s outer radiation belt based on Meridian Project and VAP satellite, Project Supported by the Specialized Research Fund for State Key Laboratories in China
||January, 2019-December, 2020
||Multipoint studies of the seed population in the Earth’s outer radiation belt, the National Natural Science Foundation of China grant (No. 41974188)
||January, 2020-December, 2023
Former M.S Students
Shandong University (Weihai)
2009 Special Prize of the President Scholarship of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2008 Qiushi Scholarship for Graduated Student
Referee for Journal of Geophysical Research (Space Physics), Geophysical Research Letters, Chinese Journal Geophys.
Evaluation expert of National Natural Science Foundation of China, Evaluation expert of National Science Foundation, United States.
1. Tang, C. L., X. J. Xie, B. Ni, Z. P. Su，G. D. Reeves, J.-C. Zhang, D. N. Baker, H. E. Spence, H. O. Funsten, J. B. Blake, and G.Y. Dai (2018), Rapid enhancements of the seed populations in the heart of the Earth's outer radiation belt: A multicase study, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 123, 4895–4907, https://doi.org/10.1029/2017JA025142.
2. Tang, C. L., Y. X. Wang, B. Ni, Z. P. Su, G. D. Reeves, J.-C. Zhang, D. N. Baker, H. E. Spence, H. O. Funsten, and J. B. Blake (2017b), The effects of magnetospheric processes on relativistic electron dynamics in the Earth’s outer radiation belt, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 122, 9952–9968, doi:10.1002/2017JA024407.
3. Tang, C. L., Y. X. Wang, B. Ni, J.-C. Zhang, G. D. Reeves, Z. P. Su, D. N. Baker, H. E. Spence, H. O. Funsten, and J. B. Blake (2017a), Radiation belt seed population and its association with the relativistic electron dynamics: A statistical study, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 122, 5261–5276, doi:10.1002/2017JA023905.
4. Tang, C. L., J.-C. Zhang, G. D. Reeves, Z. P. Su, D. N. Baker, H. E. Spence, H. O. Funsten, J. B. Blake, and J. R. Wygant (2016b), Prompt enhancement of the Earth's outer radiation belt due to substorm electron injections, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 121, 11,826–11,838, doi:10.1002/2016JA023550.
5. Tang, C. L., M. Zhou, Z. H. Yao, and F. Shi (2016a), Electron acceleratio n associated with the magnetic flux pileup regions in the near-Earth plasma sheet: A multicase study, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 121, 4331–4342, doi:10.1002/2016JA022406.
6. Tang, C. L., Li Lu , Meng Zhou , Zhonghua Yao (2013), THEMIS observations of electron acceleration associated with the evolution of substorm dipolarization in the near-Earth tail, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 118, 4237–4247, doi:10.1002/jgra.50418.
7. Zhou, M., X. H. Deng, M. Ashour-Abdalla, R. J. Walker, Y. Pang, C. Tang, S. Y. Huang, M. El-Alaoui, Z.G. Yuan, and H. M. Li (2013), Cluster observations of kinetic structures and electron acceleration within a dynamic plasma bubble, J. Geophys. Res., doi:10.1029/2012JA018323.
8. C. L. Tang, S.Q. Song, (2012)，Mirror Mode Waves Downstream of a Stream Interaction Region Forward Shock near 1 AU, Solar Phys., 279:537–550，doi:10.1007/s11207-012-0015-8.
9. C. L. Tang (2012) , A plasma flow vortex in the magnetotail and its related ionospheric signatures, Ann. Geophys, 30, 537–544, doi:10.5194/angeo-30-537-2012.
10. H. Zhang, K. K. Khurana, Q.-G. Zong, M.G. Kivelson, T.-S. Hsu, W. X. Wan, Z. Y. Pu, V. Angelopoulos, X. Cao, Y. F. Wang, Q. Q. Shi, W. L. Liu, A. M. Tian, C. L. Tang, (2012), Outward expansion of the lunar wake: ARTEMIS observations, Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L18104, doi:10.1029/2012GL052839.
11. W. J. Sun, Q. Q. Shi, S. Y. Fu, Z. Y. Pu, M. W. Dunlop, A. P. Walsh, Q. G. Zong, T. Xiao, C. L. Tang, H. Reme, C. Carr, E. Lucek, and A. Fazakerley (2012), Cluster and TC-1 observation of magnetic holes in the plasma sheet, Ann. Geophys., 30, 583–595, doi:10.5194/angeo-30-583-2012.
12. TANG Chao-Ling (2011), The Wave-Like Auroral Structure around Auroral Expansion Onset, Chinese Physics Letters, 28(10):109401.
13. Tang, C. L., V. Angelopoulos, A. Runov, C. T. Russell, H. Frey, K. H. Glassmeier, K. H. Fornacon, and Z. Y. Li (2010), Precursor activation and substorm expansion associated with observations of a dipolarization front by Time History of Events and Macroscale Interactions during Substorms (THEMIS), J. Geophys. Res., 115, A07215, doi:10.1029/2009JA014879.
14. Tang, C. L., Z.Y. Li, V. Angelopoulos, S. B. Mende, K. H. Glassmeier, E. Donovan, C. T. Russell, and L. Lu (2009), THEMIS observations of the near-Earth plasma sheet during a substorm, J. Geophys. Res., doi:10.1029/2008JA013729
15. Tang, C. L., Z. Y. Li, L. Lu. Cluster observations of earthward propagating plasmoid and flux ropes in the near-tail during the course of a substorm event. Advances in Space Research., 10.1016/j.asr.2008.12.018, 2009.
16. Tang, C. L., Z. Y. Li, L. Lu, Cluster observations of the dusk-side magnetosheath during the storm main phase on 20 November 2003, Progress in Geophaysics.(in Chinese), 2009, 24(3):842 ~ 847, DOI:10.3969/j.issn.1004-2903.2009.03.003.
17. Tang, C. L., L. Lu, S. McKenna-Lawlor, S. Barabash, Z. X. Liu, M.-C. Fok, and Z.Y. Li (2008), A comparison of Neutral Atom Detector Unit neutral atom image inversion with a comprehensive ring current model, J. Geophys. Res., doi:10.1029/2007JA012680.
18. Tang C L, Lu L, Li Z Y. Cluster observation and analysis of bifurcated current sheet structure in a quiet time. Chinese J. Geophys. (in Chinese), 2007, 50(4).
19. Tang C L, Lu L, Li Z Y. Bifurcated current sheet in a quiet time by Cluster spacecrafts. Chin. Phys. Lett., 2006, 23: 1054~1056.
20. L. Lu, S.McKenna-Lawlor, S. Barabash, K. Kudela, J. Balaz, I. Strharsky, Z. X. Liu, C. Shen, J. B. Cao, P. C. Brandt, C. L. Tang, and I. Dandouras, Iterative inversion of global magnetos-pheric ion distributions using energetic neutral atom (ENA) images recorded by the NUADU/TC2 instrument, Ann. Geophys., 26, 1641-1652, 2008.
21. Wang R S, Li Z Y, Tang C L, Observations of multiple X lines collisionless reconnection in the near earth-tail. Chinese J. Geophys. (in Chinese), 2008, 51(6).